Wednesday, March 11, 2009

2 down, 1 to go

Two of the mid-terms are done and tomorrow there is one left. Most did pretty good. A few somehow managed to fail, but I've thrown them a lifeline and am allowing them to take the test again.

Keeping things from getting too loud is a big challenge. It grates on me a lot the amount of chatter and background noise, but I think it's unavoidable with teens. I got a THANK YOU LETTER today from one student. Wheeeeeee!!!! One student asked me WHY did she have to do something THIS way (roll eyes, and hear a tisk)? I told her, "Because I am mean, and evil and just want to make life as difficult as pssible for you." She gasped, stopped and then just rolled her eyes again and finally just put her head down and started working.

Ahhhhh the wonderful phermones wafting through a room of 9th graders! It's just a phantasm of emotion every moment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I laughed so hard when I read the "Because I am mean..." statement! I say that sort of thing on a daily basis, and get such a variety of responses. It's hilarious to see a teen (or pre-teen) try to figure out how to react to it! One of the few things that unfailingly brings joy to my day...

watercolordaisy said...

heh