Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Cancer Support Group

I remembered to go to it this month. It's good to be in a place where you can talk about all the things that no one wants to hear about anymore. It's amazing the things that folks did go through or are going through. Years after your initial treatment, so many things can still come up. I hope I don't get to find out about too many of them. So far, so good for me.

Showed off my mastectomy swimsuits that I got for the cruise. The hearts of some of us are so big. One lady felt alone while she was getting chemo, so now she makes packages to take to new people on chemo that don't have someone to accompany them to treatments. Such kindness. She takes them there personally and includes such wonderfully nice things in her packages. One lady brought her "seatbelt" pillow. Most of us don't like the seatbelt that crosses our chest, even after our chests have healed. She showed us a pillow she made and uses to prevent the seatbelt from putting too much pressure on our chest. As a group we're thinking of making these and distributing them. We'll see if it really happens.

Our fearless leader was unable to be with us tonight. We wish her well in her recovery from recent surgery. Evidentally she's doing so well, however, that she's making most of us feel inadequate.

Oh, I weighed in at WW tonight. Lost a big 0.4 pound. This is the kind of loss that undermined me and made me feel like all the effort was for next to no reason. However, I've lost 13.5 lbs. since I started, so I suppose if I just keep at it, sometime in the next decade I'll finally either be dead or down to a more ideal weight. Very discouraging. Very.

Must sleep.

1 comment:

watercolordaisy said...

Hey, 0.4 pounds lost is that much less to carry around and that much closer to your goal. hugs!!!