Monday, June 09, 2008

Art Class

Tonight I had my first "Drawing the Human Body" art class. The instructor, Clint, had us use charcoal to sketch. We used easels and stood while sketching a life model. He encouraged us with feedback that indicated we were on par with his college class. Well, I would hope so, we're paying college prices for his teaching!

Everyone in the class is a total beginner. Some folks have done some other kinds of art but no one is more than a beginner for drawing. Using charcoal is interesting. We did all our drawing on newsprint. I won't be able to scan this pics because he has us using paper that is 18 x 24.

The gallery in C'ton has a nice space for the class. Apparently I will need to arrive early to class each week, unless I plan on buying an easel. (They have a few you may use, first come; first served.) The newsprint and charcoal are an interesting medium to work with. I didn't understand why we had to get different kinds of charcoal, but after using two different kinds of charcoal, I see how they are different in the level of impression and the depth of the mark they make.

Tired. Tomorrow I go see the plastic surgeon to determine if I'm eligible for a scar revision. You wouldn't believe all the hoops this guy makes you jump through before you ever see the fellow! Amazing.

Hope you and those you love are well.

No comments: