Sunday, June 08, 2008

Sweltering Sunday

This weekend I pretty much hid out and did nothing but my grocery shopping.

There's a bunch of us "mature" women that live here in the townhomes, and I found out today that one got laid off from her job. She is freaking OUT. I know I would be. She's literally willing to mow grass and clean houses in order to make money. I'm not sure, but I think she's older than I am, so finding a job is going to be a BIG challenge.

The heat is effecting my new dogwood trees. I'm worried that they may not make it. A different neighbor clued me in on how to let a dripping hose gently drip onto the tree roots for a while instead of trying to just water them with a rush of water. I hope letting the drip deal work will save them.

Tomorrow I get to hang out with Jewel. I hope her teeth have come through. The girl is going to be happier when they finally come in.

No comments: