Tuesday, May 20, 2008

To Atlanta & Return the Same Day!

Went to the doc (internist) today in Atlanta. For the first time since October I made a trip into Atlanta and returned the same day. My energy is returning!

I have drugs, drugs, drugs to help me get better from these ear infections, and to prevent further thrush. I have eczema that is causing my skin irritation. He ordered blood work and if my iron is too low, he'll order an iron infusion for me so I don't have to take oral iron. AWESOME! I even got the name of a plastic surgeon that can take care of a little post-surgical irregularity that I want to get fixed.

My next big adventure will be Thursday when I go to the dentist in Atlanta! (Joy!)

Tuesday I have an appointment with the lady that did the "Look Good, Feel Better" program that the American Cancer Society gives for those of us who lose our hair or have to adjust to different skin issues due to radiation or surgery. She was really nice. I told her I had 1/2-inch of hair and wanted to see if there was anything we could do with gel or something to make it look a little more feminine. I'm hoping she has some creative ideas. I think right now my hair looks like I have been extremely STARTLED or that I'm really "butch." Since I'm neither, I'd like to work on a slightly less startled, more girly look. Don't know if it is possible, but I'm living in hope these days.

1 comment:

watercolordaisy said...

Good luck on the hairdo!!!!