Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Cranky Old Ladies

My next door neighbor who has the townhouse endcap that is 23 feet from my end cap, and I have both been working (she for several years) on planting and adding shrubs and trees and flowers and flower beds to our shared yard area between the two townhomes. (Yes, that was a run-on sentence.) Anyway, kids being just nice normal kids, they use this area as a cut-through and since they are kids, they pull off branches and inadvertently mess up plantings. Our tactic at this point is to do what cranky old ladies around the world do -- we're putting up a fence. Nothing dramatic; just three sections of pressure-treated picket fence. Just inconvenient enough to keep bicycles from rushing through and if it's not the short-cut, maybe some of the damage will stop. We know it's just kids being kids, but we old girls were here first and have a financial stake in our plants at this point, so we're attempting to assert a boundary. It may or may not work, but I have to admit that it makes me feel like a stereotype.

Trip to the dentist tomorrow. That means another trip into Atlanta. I'm very tired today, so I hope I'm reinvigorated for tomorrow. The cleaning diva comes tomorrow, god bless her the place is a wreck. :( My brother got the neat gene; I didn't.

Really, really, really tired. Officially down for the count.

1 comment:

watercolordaisy said...

It is a privilege of age and wisdom to make life tough for kids. Builds character in them. heh.