Thursday, February 07, 2008

At Thurman's Request

Thurman wants to know if I REALLY have any hair growing yet. I thought I'd let the pix tell the tale.

This attractive shot not only shows my several chins, but the tiny, tiny hint of five-o-clock shadow on the top. You can, unfortunately see that I've lost most of my eyebrows. But I've been lucky. I didn't ever lose my eyelashes (a real problem for many) and I didn't lose any finger- or toenails. I count that as a blessing. There's always time though. The effects could still show up even though I've completed chemo.




This attractive shot is a close-up airial view from on top. The foreground is a pillowcase (thank you Nancy), and the top of the picture you can see the hint of my eyeglasses. It is not a picture of an osterich egg! You can see some fuzz, but you really have to be in JUST the right light to see it. Obviously, this is NOT the just right light.

Today I can confidently say I only feel like I've been run over by an SUV. Which, in my book is a great improvement from feeling like I was run over by a train (last week).

As of today, three of the drains are putting out less than 30 cc's of fluid. That's the criterion for loosing them. So there is a possibility I'll get rid of three of them on Monday. It would be bliss! (Although, I'm afraid the process of losing them will make me want to consider homicide or grasping the ceiling while screaming. I'm such a baby.) Good riddance when they go!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ann,

It is SO good to see pics of you...ostrich egg and all. I am sure your fuzz will grow a little bit each day and pretty soon...Voila...hair again. My beautician had chemo for breast cancer last spring and she has been sprouting hair for quite a while now. Keep feeling better each day!!! We miss you on Caregivers!!!

Love,
Sigrid

Anonymous said...

You are so beautiful. I just love your eyes! So good to see you, Sweetie. Thanks for sharing the photos.
Love,
Meem

Anonymous said...

I can exhale now pheeeewwwww!!!!!! I am so glad to see you are finally there.You look wonderful, considering what you have gone threw.And withe those extra chins, there's just MORE of YOU to LOVE!!!! welcome home ANN. LOve ya Marilyn (red)

Susan Tidwell said...

Wow, you better keep a hat on, or an ostrich might fly by and adopt you! Hang in there, glad to see you up and around. Have a great weekend, Oh, BTW, you have received the Bodacious Blog Award! Check it out here.

watercolordaisy said...

Looks like fuzz to me! :)

Anonymous said...

Might be wishful seeing but I think I can, I think I can see some fuzz. :-)
We miss you and continue to pray for you. Good luck getting rid of those drains. Just think, once they are out it is over. You don't have to go through having them removed again.
Praying it won't be as bad as you think it will.
Love,
Carol in San Diego