Friday, December 21, 2007

Yoga Friday

Wishing you and those you love peace today and all your tomorrows.

I wouldn't have given you a 2-cent bet last night that I'd be able to go to yoga today, but a good night's rest helped a lot and I was able to go and do yoga. In January there will be "gentle yoga" and I'm looking forward to that because regular yoga with the super advanced ladies is VERY challenging! It'll still be on Friday, just a little later.

I did a little pottery after yoga, since I couldn't last night. I'm a bowl-making fool these days. It's fun to see how they turn out. I am excited to see how a little bowl I worked on today will turn out. I made a simple bowl but used a cookie cutter to get a little clay elephant which I put on the bottom of the bowl. If it turns out ok, Liam will be able to eat his cereal and when he gets to the bottom he'll get to see the elephant. I hope it turns out.


Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends.

1. Wrapping or gift bags? Bags if at all possible!

2. Real or artificial tree? Most years, artificial. This year, tree?

3. When do you put up the tree? Tree?

4. When do you take the tree down? As I said, tree?

5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, but it gives me terrible indigestion.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Hand-made cradle for my dolls.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. Got it when I was a teen. I think it's one of the prettiest ones I've ever seen.

8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Accordian. Yes, you read that right, a real ginormous accordian, when I was 10.

9. Mail or email Christmas cards? I'm a bad person. I don't do cards either way.

10. Favorite Christmas Movie? I like "Holiday Inn" because it's has a sort of mythic quality from the post war years.

11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I shop opportunistically all year long, but never get it finished until the 24th.

12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Plum pudding, refrigerator fruit cake, anything with chocolate or coconut in it.

13. Clear lights or colored on the tree? I reiterative, tree?

14. Favorite Christmas song? Oh Holy Night.

15. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel two-tenths of a mile.

16. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Yes, but no matter what I can never remember all the seven dwarfs.

17. Angel on the tree top or a star? When I have a tree, I have a glass spire thingy.

18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning? It was my family tradition to do it Christmas Eve, but I can be flexible with what folks I have in my life and heart now.

19. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The astonishing expectation of retailers that we will buy LARGE ticket items.

20. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme or color? I get a new ornament each year so the tree has a collection of ornaments from the previous years.

21. What do you leave for Santa? If a guy in a red suit shows up at my house in the night, he better be prepared because it's been a LONG time since I've had a man!

22. Least favorite holiday song? The one about the kid who's wanting to buy his dead mother shoes.

23. Favorite ornament? The ones that burned up in my house and were like 50 years of ornaments.

.24. Family tradition? To go to the Christ Mass together (when we don't have little kids).

25. Ever been to Midnight Mass? See above.

26. Most memorable good deed you witnessed or participated in during the holidays? The year of my divorce when things were so difficult, some folks at church surprised me with Christmas presents for Jenny and me. It was a kindness that was unexpected but appreciated.

Sent to me by Susan at Patchwork Reflections. BlogRules for the game include:Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.Share Christmas facts about yourself.Tag seven random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. I'm a nonconformist; I'm not passing it on, but I'm willing to play by putting my answers.

No comments: