Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Technical Difficulties

Between a LOT of chores and some minor technical difficulties, I'm late posting. Julianna's count is going down, slowly but down. As predicted, at 7 - 10 days she's getting her liver / gut thing all worked out. I can see a big improvement in her color -- not scientific, but adequate in the grammy book of medicine.

I ended up having to go to Carrollton twice on Monday. One for a doc appointment and one for my bible study. That's a lot for me right now. I have some kind of weird thing going on with a lymph glad in my arm (right about my elbow). The doc says to watch it until Thursday and report back to him. I was a little excited about developing a new "mass" but he assures me it's not anything to worry about. I guess we'll see. Looks weird. Feels weird.

We're all going for survival here, thriving will have to be post-poned until a later date. Eric's back can't be attended to until the END of January! He's (thankfully) improving but still very vulnerable to the whims of his back. Jenn is one week away from having a baby! I think she is doing FABULOUS! It takes a while to get your strength back and allow things to go back in place. I think you're fabulous girl! It's still stressful to have so much to do with baby needing testing, and a 2-1/2 year old's demands too. As a pooled collective, we're managing, but it's hard, to be honest. It's one of those moments when family is so important, because everyone gets a job to make things manageable.

Julianna is such a sweetie. So small, moderately quiet (no squalling) and doing pretty good at the sleeping/eating thing. She excels, actually because her big brother wasn't as accomplished as she is when he was this age. I was there when Liam got home from school last night, and he bounded into the house going, "WHERE is my sister? WHERE is my sister?" And he ran up to her and kissed her and patted her. I'm sure the dynamic will change in a couple years, but today he's totally in love with her.

Geeeeezzzzz but it's cold!!! I can't believe how cold it is! Glad I don't live in snow country......brrrrrrr. I'm actually having to wear real outdoor hats to deal with the cold. My kerchief can't protect my head enough from the cold. Surprises me because I never thought I'd be using those really heavy, knits and super thick wool caps, but right now they are a grateful addition to my hat wardrobe!

Have a good one.

No comments: