Friday, December 07, 2007

Surgical Appointment Today

Today was the most tenuous of my appointments. This surgical appointment was most questionable due to Jenn's advanced state of pregnancy. We make quite a memorable pair there because we laugh and have a good time wherever we go, and it's prety solemn there, so we kind of break the mould for how to conduct one's self in the presence of seriousness. They are also acutely aware of Jenn's advancing pregnancy. In fact she is 11 days from her due date and had some significant contractions going on today. Our appointment was at 7:30 am in N. Atlanta, so we left Bremen at 5:45 AM!

They took an ultrasound of Elvira today and she's a little smaller than last time so while not dramatically smaller, she's still shrinking from the chemo. After going through this chemo thing, I want it to be DRAMATICALLY smaller.

I got a picture of me and Jenn with Dr. S, my surgeon. She's going to be an important person in my life, and I wanted to be able to remember her. My chemo ends the first week in January, so the first week in February she will likely have a huge impact in my life.

No comments: