Sunday, November 04, 2007

From the Biggest to the Smallest

Unquestionably I come in the large-economy size. So even when I'm puny I'm a very large puddle of puny. Today at church I was weak and very wobbly. More so than I thought I'd be. I just so wanted to get out, but then when I did, I had the rubber legs phenomenon going.

I *loved* the sermon today, which focused on the saints among us who minister to us in countless ways, such as hair stylists. Our lives long, we have all kinds of people who interact with us and provide us with encouragement. For me, it's Shirley, the mail lady -- lately.

Today, though one of the tiniest among us needs our thoughts and prayers. If you have a moment in the course of your day, week...think of a little fellow named Luke who is only four pounds and struggling on the trip of life. He's already come a long way, but has a long way to go and is very frail right now. He needs us to hold him up in prayer for a bit.

As I contemplate my mortality lately, it had occurrred to me that the sacred place my ashes could end up fertilizing the soil, is the same place where some of my mom ended up. So, while we contemplate All Saint's Day today, and the impact of the known and unknown saints -- it is slightly troublesome that the distance I wanted from my mom in this life, might be very, very short in the world of "ashes to ashes, dust to dust."

Pray for Luke. He needs all the help he can get.

No comments: