Sunday, November 18, 2007

35-36 Weeks


This is a picture I took at the Convent of St. Helena last year. It's some kind of water lily floating in their decorative pond.

There's a little girl on her way to meet us sometime in the next 30 days or so. Daddy put a lighted flashlight on mom's tummy today and that little girl had a total snit about it! Mom's tummy looked like the girl was doing a ride at Six Flags only inside Mom!

There are a lot of potential birthdays that she could potentially share with family in December, not the least of which is her Grammy's. Personally, I'm hopeful that she gets her own day. I'm also hoping that this baby comes a little faster than Liam, who took his time, arriving 72 hours after mom's labor started!

I took Liam to a playground today for about an hour. He ran and ran and ran and had a fabulous time. By the time I sat up for dinner and chatted for a bit with friends down at Jenn's, I was TIRED. I hate how easy it is for me to get tired these days. The question came up today about how long might it take for my hair to grow back in once I've finished chemo? I don't know. I suspect it will be slow. My hair has always been thin and slow growing. I do hear it is likely to be wavy when it comes back in -- that'll be different.

Tomorrow I have an appointment for my annual physical in Atlanta. I'm grateful to C. who is willing to drive me into Atlanta. I can't drive that far on my own anymore. We need to go somewhere nice for lunch. It's the least I can do for her for being nice enough to haul me around. God bless her.

No comments: