Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Meme

Washes of Color tagged me with a book meme.Here are the rules:

* Grab the nearest book.
* Open the book to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post the text of the next two to five sentences in your blog along with these instructions.
* Don’t dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual one: pick the CLOSEST.
* Tag five other people to do the same

Aren't you excited that the closest book to me is a World Geography book? World Geography Today by Holt, 2003.

"This climate also has the greatest annual temperature ranges in the world. Although severe, the climate supports vast evergreen forests. These northern forests are also called boreal forests.
The subarctic climate region is very large. It stretches across far northern North America, Europe, and Asia. In the Southern Hemisphere there is practically no land at these latitudes."

I have tagged: Patchwork Reflections, Deep Language, What the Waitress Brings, and Calypsotown. I don't have five blogging friends so four will have to do.

######################################
And on another topic....
I went to the breast cancer survivor group tonight. Some of us aren't (surviving). Some of us are, but with various effects from our treatments. All of us got our picture taken for a press release about our efforts related to a breast cancer fund raiser next month. Some dude came and told us about the local medical center's NEW and IMPROVED plans for how to treat cancer. And they are at least getting new equipment, and talking about how to be better in the future. Not a bad idea. The fellow invited us to e-mail or call him with any suggestions we had. What a silly thing for him to do! I have probably a dozen suggestions!

Finished a big project at work today. Felt really, really good to get it done. I hope it is just the right stuff.

I'm worried about being able to CREW. Some memo came out about what days are critical for us to be present and of course the days for the 3-day are two of those days. Since I asked for those days off during pre-planning, I'm hoping that they allow me to do it. I'm concerned though. It would peeve me to no end if after all I've done, I couldn't end up being CREW. I'm trying to keep things in perspective, however. I'm working. Working is good. Not having cancer is good. Somehow, things will work out. I'm going to be optimistic about things. At least today I am.

I was so exhausted yesterday I went to bed at 8:15 PM and I SLEPT deeply and until the alarm required attention. After going to the support group tonight after work, I'm really ready to close my eyes for awhile. Night and blessings to all who follow these ramblings.

2 comments:

Susan Tidwell said...

Thanks for the meme! I hope you are getting enough rest, please take it easy. Have a good one.

Calypso said...

The only blogger I know is you, so....*lol*
But here it goes:
"I went back inside and bought a case of oil and a blue funnel and tooled downtown to check on the crew."