Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Daily Adventures

Another great day at school. Rushed out afterwards to Walmart to get Betty cigarettes. Somehow when I made the major grocery haul yesterday, after years of getting staples for Betty, I forgot to get her cigarettes. This would not be a problem except for the fact that she was down to two packs. So I knew that I HAD to get a major haul this afternoon first thing. I took them and some new lawn chairs for her front porch over there and it must have been 90 in the house. I sat down and visited with her for a while, but between the smoke and heat, had to run. She wanted me to take her to dinner, but I'm still coming home and going to bed as soon as I can, so I put her off. And, in fact, I came home afterwards and took my afternoon nap.

The good news of the day is that I believe the pH is what caused my fishy friends to have a crisis a couple weeks ago. I've been monitoring water parameters closely and by keeping the pH up, my fin'd friends are recovering quite well. In fact I'm pretty certain they are back to fishy normal.

Tomorrow I have a check-in with the oncologist. Just want to get a couple things checked out. Thankfully I was able to work the appointment so that I only leave campus a little early and don't have to take any sick leave, which I don't yet have.

I hope you and those you love are well and safe this night.

1 comment:

Susan Tidwell said...

Glad you had a 3-day weekend to recoup, have been worried about you over-doing it. Take care of yourself! Looking forward to news of the 3-day walk.