Monday, July 28, 2008

Heart Warming

I sent some fund-raising e-mails out yesterday and the results just warm my heart! Every penny donated is appreciated. I know not everyone has the ablity to make even a tiny donation, and their prayers and good thoughts are just as treasured. What touched me, in particular, was one person who took the idea and passed it along to her address book. It made the circle of people who were touched by e-mail even larger than I would have imagined, and her letter made me feel cherished in a way that I think only happens when you are a child in your mom/dad's lap -- somthing us grownups don't get to feel often.

I rested today and just allowed myself to relax a bit -- really the first day since my last surgery on Wednesday. As the swelling goes down a bit, I get more excited that this surgery will help me out and be more comfortable as time goes by.

I read like a fiend today and am about to finish a book I confiscated from Jenn and Eric's bonus room last week. I already have a new book lined up to go when I finish this one. I am glad that I've recaptured my love of reading. It bothers me a bit that I no longer remember titles and authors like I used to, but I can enjoy the story and that's a pleasure after so many years of not really reading. It seems that when I got out of graduate school, I had read myself out and just couldn't bring myself to read much -- even for pleasure. That was a deep loss. Now I've revived it and enjoy speeding through books again. My memory has been clouded somehow by either chemo or being put to sleep so many times recently (or both). So, I'm not as quick as I used to be about rmembering plots or authors. It'll just have to do. The oncologist said it could take up to a year for the toxic effects of the chemo to work their way out of my system. So, maybe, I'll be back to myself. If not, I'm happy to be alive and doing as well as I am. I can accept that I may have lost a little in this battle, but gained my life.

Thanks to all who have e-mailed me or sent a donation to http://jenny3day.info/. Your kindheartedness is so refreshing. Blessings to all of you.

No comments: