Monday, March 17, 2008

Relay for Life

Wherever I have worked in the K-12 education system, Relay for Life has been a huge effort. Students get involved, and the teachers and staff are very involved. Haralson County High School is no exception. All across the country this spring, Relay for Life events will take place pretty much in every county with a school in it. Some schools start the school year out collecting pennies. Others sell tee-shirts or have other fund-raisers. If you recall, my school sold chances for the opportunity to cut off my hair. That, as far as I know, was our first R for L fund-raiser for the 2007-2008 school year. It raised $521.20.

I know there are more good causes to give money to, than there are dollars in your pocket. If, however, you were to want to give to R for L, you can go this page to make a donation with a credit card. Thanks in advance to anyone that might elect to make a donation to this or any other cancer-fighting organization. I won't personally know about it unless you tell me. If you do opt to make a donation, let me know and I'll be happy to write you a personal "thank you."

Jewel and I hung out today. She's a happy girl and had a good day. I hope you are happy and had a good day as well.

No comments: