Thursday, October 04, 2007

Becoming Cancer

As much as I hate to admit it, my life seems to be so focused on cancer and it's treatment that I feel like I am cancer. My days are focused on getting ready for the next chemotherapy, calling insurance companies, calling hospitals, calling treatment providers, faxing information, picking up drugs, etc. God bless Brandall Lovvorn Pharmacy for being my local fax connection. They sent about a 35 page fax for me today, to an insurance company that claims I had not yet sent them claim information or medical bills. HA! Bills are beginning to pile up so I hope some insurance company starts sending money soon.

My new food fixation is apple with peanut butter. I can't tell you why my taste buds like it so, but I sure do. Fruit and legumes; can they be bad?

1 comment:

Susan Tidwell said...

Apples and peanut butter, sounds good to me. Your body must need the fruit and protein, so just do what your taste buds are telling you.

It is interesting to read what all you are going through, and your analogy, how cancer consumes the body and how the paperwork consumes your time, so it seems like that is all there is to life, the disease and dealing with the disease.

It would be very easy to get depressed, and I imagine writing about it here helps some. Maybe you can get outside and enjoy this beautiful fall weather this weekend.

Keep hanging in there!