Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Many Uses of Superglue

I got to see the incisions today. I'm very pleased with how tidy it's been put back together. I have a scar from a surgeon that must have apprenticed with Dr. Frankenstein, so now I'm always interested in having docs do a nice neat job. The incisions are closed with superglue and look very neat and tidy. I just have one question.

Why do they ask you what you're allergic to, if they are going to just do things the way the want anyway? I'm allergic to plastic tape, and was promised that they'd use something else on me. Yup, you got it, they used plastic tape, so I'm having a very nice allergic reaction.

Heart test is tomorrow. Let's hope I can pass! What is it?

MUGA Scan
What is a MUGA scan?A MUGA (MUltiple Gated Acquisition) scan is a test that evaluates the Left Ventricle Ejection Fraction (LVEF) which is the percent of blood being pumped from the left ventricle of the heart out to the body. The MUGA scan also shows the wall motion of the heart and the motion of the heart as it beats. The scan produces a moving image of a beating heart. A MUGA scan can be ordered either at rest, or with stress (exercise*). MUGA scans are typically ordered at rest.

No comments: