Monday, March 30, 2009

"Graduation"

You might have noticed a few changes to the blog and its format. I decided that it's time for it to be "Welcome to the Latest News" and not the "Welcome to the Latest News of the Boobs" anymore. With any luck, I will never need it to revert back.

I'm living in faith that I'm recovering and that with the aggressiveness of my treatment, that the cancer will not return. I'll always have to be vigilant, but I have to live, not live like I'm dying. I've seen the gastroenterologist (last week) and my mysterious pain is probably due to losing and gaining back some weight between last summer and now. Not to mention that my liver was under incredible stress with steroids and poison going through it last year. So it's not sure if I've got scaring on my liver or if I have an issue with too much fat in my liver, but I really don't want to have a liver biopsy to find out! So I'm willing to live with the ambiguity and work on trying to lose weight slowly so I don't over stress my liver. As different as I eat now, compared to before treatment, I really don't understand why I'm not losing weight. It just doesn't make sense to me, but clearly I'm maintaining my weight quite well.

I have my Breast Cancer Support Group tomorrow night, and a couple other meetings this weekend, so I'm going to be a busy girl for the next few weeks. Be patient with me. I'm running as fast as I can.

1 comment:

watercolordaisy said...

Hugs!!! Sounds like a great change to me!!