Friday, December 28, 2007

Post-Christmas Zen

One more book down, another to go. Just quiet here with an occasional trip down to see Jenn, Liam and Jewel. My taste buds are about recovered, but Wednesday they'll be put out of whack again. At least it is for the last time.

The surgeon says if my lymph gland is still swollen in four weeks, she wants to see me. So I have an appointment; apparently because it's unlikely to resolve on its own. Whatever.

A new little kitten took up at my house on Christmas day. I think it's a girl. I named her Christmas. Once I can get myself a little stronger after the next chemo, I'll have to take her to get spayed. It's already a catty neighborhood around here. Don't need any more! Can't believe I decided to let her be an outdoor cat. She's a black cat though, and I'm a sucker for them.

A former student of mine keeps harassing me on my cell phone. He'd stopped for a while, but now he's back to doing it again. I guess he doesn't have enough to do over the holidays. Verizon says there is no way to block a call, and since he disables the caller ID each time he calls (sometimes late at night!) I can only presume I know who it is, I can't be positive. I have simply stopped answering calls that say "RESTRICTED" under ID, but it's bothersome none-the-less. I wish I was smart enough to turn the tables on this dude and put that phone of his where the sun don't shine! I'd like to "shake and bake" Mr. B. V. for being a jerk! Unfortunately, he'd probably take pleasure in reading this paragraph!

I'm thinking tomorrow I may run over and do some pottery. Might as well do it while I can. It's unlikely I'll feel up to it next week.

I hope 2008 is a healing year and that cancer in me can be eradicated. Whatever your hopes for 2008, I hope you can get them too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm not sure if you can do it on a cell phone but I have "anonymous call blocking" on my home phone. If someone disables the caller ID they get a message that they have dialed a number that doesn't accept such calls and to call back after turning off the caller ID blocking thingy.

Let me know when you think you'll be up to a geomunch and I'll set one up.

Good to hear that you're doing OK.