Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Small Victories

Being an avowed coward, I had talked to some other chemotherapy patients and gotten the recommendation that I get some Emla cream in advance of my chemo. It numbs the skin above the port and makes the chemo experience easier. I'm all in favor of easy and less painful. I had called the doctor's office last week and was blown off by some "gatekeeper." After getting coached by my daughter, a nurse, I called back today and used her magical wording, and low and behold, it all worked out!

The lady from the newspaper came by today. Have no idea what she's going to say, but she sure took a bunch of pictures. The last time I was in the paper, the article was so full of typo's it was almost impossible to make sense of what the reporter had written! I just hope whatever she writes encourages people to get their mammo's and PSAs on time so they don't get the same rude news I have. Supposed to be in the Tallapoosa Journal on Monday.

I had a lot of fun being a Secret Pal last year at school. I was glad to see that we're going to be able to do it again this year.

LilypieExpecting a baby Ticker

No comments: