Sunday, September 02, 2007

Port is Doing Well


Now you see it. Now you don't. Jenny, myself and the radiologist did good with the port placement. Well, a week ago tomorrow, was when I got my port. It's not as itchy anymore as it's been being. I'm relieved because I thought, "OMG, what if I'm allergic to this dang thing!" But it's just the skin knitting together and it's fine now. The bruising is a nice yellowish color and by this time next week will likely be gone.

My cold is so much better at this point that I can actually breathe out of both nostrils at different points in time. I'm not coughing as much, but my ribs are sore from coughing so much yesterday. It looks like I'll be able to recover from this cold JUST before I start the chemo this coming week. I don't know how well I could handle having a cold AND doing chemo. Chemo is different for different people, but as my cancer is an aggressive form, I'll be taking an aggressive form of chemo. I'm expecting it to do some major butt kicking. However, I'm the gal that loves to give blood because it makes me feel positively giddy. Who knows how this chemo thing will go. I'm waiting to hear from Dr. Pierce to see what he has worked out with Dr. Steinhaus. I await their choreography. Whatever they line up for me, I'll do it. No question about it, I'm scared. But I have to do this and do it with gusto or the cancer will get the better of me, so I'm imagining myself putting on my armor and going off to war this week. My weapons will be chemical and the enemy is a very real tumor. All positive vibes accepted gratefully, as well as prayer, chocolate and jokes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I read the whole blog. I'll send you an email with some humorous stories of recent adventures. Go Joann Go. See Joann Fight! Raa his boom!